I've Decided I'll Be Fine

There I said it - I have recklessly been wrecked
Kimya Dawson said this when she heard about MJ dying:
“Having been fucked is no excuse for being fucked up”
So am I to drown in self-pity?
No thanks
When you splash water in your eyes, your eye socket is practically gargling your eyeballs
I never understood people who splash water in their eyes
And movies where you see people underwater with their eyes wide open
My instinct tells me to close my eyes the second there’s a chance of water seeping in
But I don’t understand the world and its people
Nobody wants to take a godless decision and funnily, the god needn’t be God
No one ever dies from lack of attention
It’s better to fake being in love with a real person than admit to being enamoured by a Googlebot
But sometimes it is nice for someone to crawl over you regularly
Reading you, understanding what’s new
Even if it’s so that they can go behind your back and tell the world about you
You can’t hear someone else’s thoughts if you have a loud mind
And you can’t always be aligning and justifying yourself as if you’re a column on Indian
womens cricket
Feeling good is so underrated because feeling great is so overrated
Being honest with yourself is so underrated because not lying to others is so overrated
I could go on
But I get it, and you can’t forget this:
Nobody can set the sun on fire
And you can’t forget this either:
To become futile is to prove fatal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple