The unfathomable expanse of the Grand Canyon

I've been thinking about the Grand Canyon, and simply thinking about it doesn't encapsulate how vast it is. The thought cannot accommodate it. It's like thinking about the universe, and the limitlessness of it, and how futile an effort it is for a small mind to just understand.

To just understand what it is like to have such a wide, deep, long, unexplored mass of space.
You can't understand it. Just like you can't understand death; or life even.

The Grand Canyon exists to remind us of who we are; who you are. It exists to say "Hello, I'm here. I've been here 6 million years. Can you understand me? Do you dare to?"

I'm moved. Terrified. Humbled. Shaken. Taken. By something that hasn't moved in 6 million years.

And I felt like sharing how I'm feeling, almost 2 months since I went to see the place, just as a tourist, just for a couple of hours. No pictures can really do it justice. No month long trips can do it justice. Nothing, and no one can ever really understand it.

Can you imagine closing your eyes for a split second and seeing every inch of the known universe?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple