Do Re Mi Poemy

Abuzz and alight 
Listening to the night 
Tired but alive and so I decide to write

Shall I suggest that you please mind my thought canopy
Where ideas are microwaved rather than slow roasted, maybe not your fancy
Where the imagination has an amazing line of credit with no extra fee

Obsessive tongue cleaning, brushing with soft bristles while trying to be quiet
The act of teeth brushing always significant, luxurious, full of bite
It's the hours after dark when morning tasks somehow feel quite right

Busied by nocturnal loveliness at the edge of the bed where I'm sat
Watching the papaya tree, her branches distressed by the clutches of an awkwardly tiny baby bat
Just how much damage could the little one do? I attempt to work out the math

What's this life for, if not for questions that probe deep, that dare to seek?
Contemplating the cons of a templatized week
Amidst a depraved world with pouring news in varying degrees of bleak

What a small existence is mine, castled in with all this comfort in sight
No flight or fight and no need for might
Trying to be meaningful typing into a 6 inch screen with a blue filter so not so bright

Another day ticked off on the wall calendar tomorrow, another passing date
I have to, tomorrow, wake up at eight Despite being in bed early I end up sleeping late

I'll be back in a cushioned chair with all the peeking of my growing bottom parts
Somewhere soldiers are laying down their lives on battle lines, so dutiful in their hearts
While on my keyboard nimble mindlessness of fingers tap away, creating pivot charts

I was born with stubby toes and that's why I'm called stubborn
I'm supposed to get better at the stuff I like and I'm decent at, but sometimes it's better to unlearn
To let things loose, to allow the alarm to snooze, to be on yourself, a little less stern

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple