If I had to make sense I wouldn't ask for your 2 cents

Where are the holes in this smooth blanket?
Forgotten like long buried potted plants from the nursery
Woe is me again as I'm 
Swollen and puffy
from dental surgery

Could you snooze & doze till noon?
Dreams of lavender fields
& cherry blossom trees
Sunday morning feeling
all the way
through September and June

What can be scary at this height?
Friskiness and recklessness
feeling like buddies
Only and always, at the very edge
do I dare to recognize
my self inflicted plight 

Will we sit in pregnant, forebearing silence?
Observing with awe
new lines on each other's forehead
Like in a new school notebook
With every swoop of a tightly held pencil
a small imperceptible smile of confidence 

Would it be ridiculous to splurge on both a new guitar and piano?
The frilly white dress is hanging off the window sill in plain sight
My hair is fresh, too damp from my longish shower 
It's been 2 years since I wrote a song
So if you nod now, I may take that to positively mean "no"

Why do I love the logical?
You have to entertain the possibility of the wrong path
Simulate the path till the wrong end is seen in the mind's eye and ruled out 
So the satisfaction when you arrive at the right path is all the fruitier
And I like fruits and fal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple