🐳 Hemingway 👴

For forty four minutes today I napped
Dreamless, divine, sweet and deep 
I forget this occasionally:
Control is a futility, in matters of sleep

Elastic is the mind but oh it snapped
Might give into the shortlived weep
Then it is easy to accept resolutely:
Climbing's hard, when the hill is steep

My joints jolt, the ones that are capped
But the knee can do with some upkeep
With this I continue my sprint strongly:
Keep moving, or become a scrap heap

Potential isn't missing, but untapped 
Examine inwards and be ready to leap
The point I must propose pressingly:
With direction, what is sown can reap

My words lay vulnerable; unwrapped
Seeking validation, I risk a peep
But then I epiphanize suddenly:
What I have, is what I choose to keep




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple