A Love Note to Fruit

Monday I spent 30 minutes or so
Devouring an 80% ripened banana
Fascinated by the tiny banana seeds
The 3 part geometric break in its cylinder
The shape, size and tapered form
Each banana, like a fingerprint, unique 
My heart is full and my soul is sated

Tuesday I cut open a large watermelon 
As I made decisive, familiar cuts of chunks
I pondered over its resilience
Contentment with living just to be consumed
Its end, a home in horse or human bowels
So fluid, so beautifully rich in red
My heart is full and my soul is sated 

Wednesday I welcomed the sight of papaya
That unique Pantone orange 
Fleshy deliciousness in all its diced glory
A womb of tantalizingly shiny black seeds
Intimidatingly bitter & imperfect outside
Concealing a world of peculiar flavour
My heart is full and my soul is sated

Thursday I grabbed a refrigerated apple
Mindfully crunched a mouthful
Silently appreciating how wholly sized it is
How perfectly shaped for holding
A single serving size it's very nature
Along with a most special, appetizing scent 
My heart is full and my soul is sated

Friday I peeled a mosambi or sweet lime
Peeling, not slicing, so that the reward of it
The citrus surprise of it would be better
It took me a good 15 minutes to unravel
To meticulously puncture each little string
Marvelling at unabashed bursts of freshness
My heart is full and my soul is sated

Saturday I said a prayer of thanks for chikoo
As I knifed into its flesh I sat in awe
And amazement at nature's bounty
So seemingly dull with its brown cover
Yet greatly gratifying gorgeousness
Such surprising spheres of sweetness
My heart is full and my soul is sated

Sunday my mom handed me fresh coconut
My front molars rejoicing with every slicing 
The effort it takes to reveal its inner secrets 
Musing how its the onion of the fruit kingdom
One makes you cry, the other breaks furniture
But the work, as usual, is more than worth it
My heart is full and my soul is sated

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple