The one I live on is Blue

Had a very trippy dream about my sister being here and saying "Kamna do you want to play The Giant?" and then I sit next to her and put on VR glasses. Next second I am inside the game and I am a blue dot.

The objective of the game is to make as tall a structure as possible and it feels so easy because for the first minute I am just moving upwards and the building is getting created and then I hear her say "ready?"

But I don't reply and by that time I see that the whole game has zoomed out and for a second I see that the structure that I made is sooo small and I am not even visible.

Then the next second it zooms all the way in to me and I am very small on the structure and suddenly there are lots of options on the screen to build more structure to scale the existing structure and to increase speed and I do that and realise as I am moving the picture stays the same so it doesn't feel like I am moving at all until I see I am nearing the edge of the structure and because I am going too fast I don't realise when to stop and I end up stopping at the very edge and seeing the most frightful dip!

But it looks like a very deep well of white nothingness and it is so hard to judge the depth except that you know there is a very far line like a vertical horizon. 
 
Then I woke up

What I think the dream meant:
Felt pretty philosophical.
The blue dot being our planet. The need to keep going up humanity's greed. And then the recalibration to zooming so way out the realisation that it is quite futile.
And with our progress with science and tech, it is not just us who are going up and up and up but so is our planet. By the time we reach to the very top is when we realise that when we fall, it is going to be catastrophic and the scale of the catastrophe just grows because we are nowhere close to that realisation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple