Prime Time for Preening

Abundantly beguiled with adverbs
Little sense prevails in fistful blurbs
While insomnia disturbs me in these suburbs
"Yet your faith remains in sleep tea herbs"

Obnoxiously inane wordplay is my vice
"It would be tolerable if it were nice"
While a tsunami of ideas arrive undisguised
Elusively my friend sleep skates over thin ice

If not self pity, atleast I can self deprecate
Although I can say this stuff's hard to replicate
"Write for the sake of it, don't you complicate"
Without an inner voice, nobody could placate

Not subconsciously profound is my belief
"This writing serves up only comedic relief"
The seriousness if any, is unsuspectingly brief
Comes and goes swiftly & cunningly as a thief

I waited mere minutes, maybe three
"To make the next line rhyme with 'free'?"
Am I at Mount Everest, have I peaked?
Or is it the intramural fibroid, BRB I must pee

Aaand I'm back, you're reading never ceased
An hour has passed, but to you no increase
I dare attempt to control what time has seized
"How about a joke to set the mind at ease?"

Gurgling babies keep the Gram's relevance
Joyful fragility of smallness & incoherence
Only after the climb can you begin descent
"NOT a joke! Plus a random turn, I dissent"

"When will it end, sunrise will be here in a few" 
Rather feels like an arduously long queue
Blink twice and find yourself rescued
Smile as the hue of dawn dawns on cue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple