Post Lockdown

This time will be different

When I take the elevator to go downstairs after work
I’ll not linger on the street waiting for the auto
There’s no need to rush
Taking the long way home
I’ll do the 15 minute walk

When my dreams wake me up at 5.43 AM three days in a row
I’ll stay up
I’ll fight the laziness inside
Grab my pink Reeboks that have been unworn for months
I’ll do the morning jog alongside sleeping dogs

When mom’s toothpaste is finally over
I’ll replenish 2, instead of being forced to use the one
I’ll relish the fluoride goodness of my Colgate
And it will bother me no more that she presses on the top of the tube as I’ll be pressing down

When I hear your voice change
When it goes quiet like it used to
I’ll go quiet too
Fighting my stupid impulses
I’ll finally find the strength to leave it alone

When iTunes accidentally shuffles the Lockdown playlist
I’ll smile with knowing
I’ll think of all the insomnia, the longing, the restlessness
And then I’ll hit "next"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple