Come to Point Nemo

My cuticles are a reflection of my state of mind
It's an unsightly habit I inherited from my father over time
My pauses aren't impregnated with the unsaid
But are intervals of quiet non evasive pondering on the bed
Thoughts about plastic beaches in the middle of the South Pacific
Of forgotten starships whose remains lay embedded in the ocean floor, quite pathetic
Wondering whether they are being missed by their motherships
Time travelling to a random summer vacation day through tiny water sips
The year was 2002
Had we slept early we'd have been in a better mood
We were on either side of mummy
It was almost too bright, just intolerably sunny
Counting mum, myself and my sibling
A pack of three strolling toward the Shiv ling
So many selective little things continue from one to another
Mothers to daughters were once a daughter to their mother
Saree draping, chapati baking, vernacular speaking
Amongst many, these three I'd like to learn, I'm keeping
And pass on to the next series of future me's
My very own band of bees
Or it is swarm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Quotes

Punchline is Inside

Swedish Pineapple